Saturday, November 05, 2005

Dirty Jersey

Leaving New Jersey can make a person miss many things: The Yankees aren't on TV all of the time, it's tough to get a decent pizza, Jersey sweet corn, etc. The one thing I won't miss is the politics. If you want a fine example of corrupt politics, look no further than the New Jersey state legislature. It's also evident in the national races, such as the current race to the bottom for Governor. John Corzine is a rich scumbag who plays dirty politics to get his way, but who doesn't? Doug Forrester is a less rich scumbag who plays dirty politics and loses fairly frequently. If I had my way, I would put the entire NJ political machine in front of a firing squad and start over again with fewer scumbags and more people interested in the well being of the Garden State. I guess anything is better than a corrupt governor who outed himself as a "Gay American" and resigned to keep the spotlight away from the corruption and mismanagement he oversaw. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait until Ohio has something worth voting for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home