Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Father of the Year


Selfish Hedonism? Try winning an election first.Posted by Hello

You might think, based on my disdain for Kerry and McAuliffe and a few others, that I'm off of my right wing rocker. You can thank Alan Keyes for pushing me back towards the middle. Only a complete idiot would be so self involved that he would condemn his own daughter's lifestyle. I can respect his right to believe whatever he wants, but good lord we're talking about his daughter. I'm not gay (not that there's anything wrong with that) but I can honestly say sexuality is no reason to turn your back on your own offspring. Well unless it's necrophilia, that's just wrong. Every time people on the right wing make inroads with a community that they weren't previously associating with (or helping), a jackass like Alan Keyes comes along and screws it all up. The biggest problem with the 2 party system (in my eyes) is that certain leaders can't get past issues of race or sexuality and get down to moving our country forward. Alan Keyes represents this role to a tee. It goes beyond trying to pick up votes in the upcoming elections, it means embracing people as members of a particular party on either side.

Here is an ironic piece from Keyes' Illinois Campaign website:

Dedicated family man. Keyes and his wife Jocelyn have three children: Francis, Maya, and Andrew. Alan's stated purpose in life, like that of America's Founders, is to provide a secure future for our posterity.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home