Saturday, February 19, 2005

Sir Charles


"Go 76ers, Charles Barkley Dissed Larry Bird..." Posted by Hello

For no apparent reason, I'm watching the NBA dunk contest and, as expected, it stinks. The only saving grace is that Charles Barkley is working commentary. Josh Smith of Atlanta tried to garner some votes from Julius Erving, but stepped about a foot past the foul line. When Kenny Smith tried to tell Dr. J that that's where he took off from at the first dunk contest, Sir Charles stepped in. "Hey Julius don't worry, the only thing you and Kenny got in common is that you're both black." Hilarious. It reminded me that Charles Barkley is easily one of the funniest people living. So I took it upon myself to find some more quotes from The Round Mound of Rebound:

“I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

On the Dream Team's chances against Angola: “I don't know anything about Angola, but I know they're in trouble.”

On the necessary etiquette for dinner with Prince Rainier: “We're supposed to stop eating when he stops? But what if we're still hungry? He may have had a snack before he came over.”

On the world as he sees it: "You know the world is off tilt when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest basketball player is Chinese, and Germany doesn't want to go to war."

2 Comments:

Blogger The Dancing Bear said...

Anybody who likes Sir Charles can't be all bad.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Waldorf said...

I try not to be all bad, sometimes it just happens

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home